Saturday 12 March 2016

Pieces of Eight

Pieces of Eight




I already have several pairs of gold and silver shoes in my wardrobe (including my most loved silver wedding Choos), most of which are more suited to the spring or summer and so have been sat patiently waiting at the back of my wardrobe.  Whilst it's still too cold for me to brave anything but my boots (and so my metallic friends are going to have to wait a little longer for their next outing) I am pleased to say that when that sun does start shining they most definitely will be making an appearance and I may even add some friends to their little gang.  There are currently a load of gorgeous silver and gold footwear available that are proving to be far too tempting and may have to be purchased before it warms up.  Let's be honest I could be waiting a while, and often by the time it gets round to summer all the good stuff has been snapped up, so really I am just being proactive and prepared!

Starting off with trainers...The Silver Nike Air Max Theas have been all over Instagram, as have the Bronze Nike Cortez but neither of these are really my cup of tea, I prefer something a little more subtle, and I also love my Internationalist trainers, so these in a metallic shade would be perfect.



I also quite like the shape of the New Balance trainers, and these from JCrew also caught my eye.


  
As I am a little bit of a magpie, it's no surprise that these glittery delights from H&M caught my eye, and compared to the others they are such a bargain.
H&M Glittery Trainers £24.99 


Moving on to shoes, I came across these glittery pumps from H&M. I have a similar pair in Navy that I picked up from Next a few seasons ago, which are really great for adding a little sparkle to an outfit when you don't have much time to get changed. These are quite a bit cheaper than my Next ones too, so quick, grab yourself a bargain.

H&M Glittery Ballet Pumps £19.99 

I'm not sure how comfortable these H&M ones are (sometimes I do find the cheaper shoes tend to be a bit hard and may pinch a little, but that's not necessarily the case so do give them a try if you see them in store). If you do want to spend a little bit more, check out these from JCrew. They are a little more subtle with the glitter and so I may be able to get away with these for work.



I am not usually a fan of the loafer, but give them a pointed toe and a bit of shimmer and I have to say I am loving these from Topshop.

Topshop Pointed Loafer £39  


They also have a very similar but less loafer and slightly cheaper offering, which I actually think I prefer and I am very tempted to order as these would replace my silver Witchery pumps that I picked up in New Zealand and sadly wrecked wearing them in the rain last year (stoopid English weather).

Topshop Point Ballet Shoe £18

I love a court, and these are no exception, so if you are looking for something with a bit more of a heel, then these may be just what you're after. I would wear these with some jeans and a casual top to dress the outfit up a little, or perhaps with a full midi skirt or dress for an evening out or wedding.

Topshop Courts £59  

Finally a little something for the beach. I actually struggled to find metallic flat sandals that I liked (not normally an issue for he, I have several pairs), but you cannot go wrong with a classic pair of havaianas (again I have several of these, oops). I personally prefer the thinner strap, and these come in gold, rose gold and silver.
 
Gold Havaianas £22


Thank you for reading, I would love to hear your comments and any other metallic finds.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Topshop point ballet shoes and the loafers. I'm always on the hunt for smart, flat shoes that are work suitable! I have those Gold Havaianas, but really tempted by the Rose Gold ones as well as Havaianas are so so wearable, I have the Havaiana Urbans and wear them constantly on holiday.
    Farah x

    ReplyDelete