Monday 22 February 2016

The Joy of Sleep

So having written mostly "Choo" posts, I thought I would include another "Goo" post for the little ones.  I'm sure there are many other parents out there who sympathise with the sleepless nights that little ones bring.  I shouldn't really complain as our little boy is a pretty good sleeper in many respects, he pretty much goes to bed when it's bedtime, usually with minimal protest although sometimes he will try his luck and test out his negotiation skills with a view to getting an extra episode of Octonauts/Paw Patrol/Fireman Sam etc or an extra story.  Once we have finished his night time routine and said our good nights, he will usually go straight to sleep (unless there is someone else at the house and he has a total FOMO). Oh, and he usually doesn't wake up until 7am at the earliest and sometimes not even until 8am on a weekend.  

Sounds good right? Well it is, until about an hour or so after we go to bed and then the little monkey has developed a habit of coming into our bed in the middle of the night.  Which either ends up with me and my husband sleeping top to tail with him in the middle, or the husband gets too annoyed and vacates to the spare room.  We have tried rewards and had intermittent success with this, but I'm actually wondering if we need to cosy up his bed a little.  We have a huge king size bed, a lovely fluffy duvet and pillows and of course it's very snuggly with the three of us in there.  

So having been somewhat inspired by the beautiful bedding as seen on Little Spree's Instagram 
and in a desperate attempt to get some uninterrupted sleep, I am clutching at straws and basically upping the bedding game.  You may laugh and it probably won't work, but to be fair his bedding is pretty rubbish, he's had it for a while and it really does need updating.  Who knows, maybe having big boy bedding will work, and if not, hopefully his bedroom will look a little more stylish.  

When I was a little girl the options for children's bedding were pretty dire and my taste was a little more My Little Pony than I would like to admit.  I know there will come a time when our little boy will want character bedding, but for now I'm going to take advantage of the fact that he will still gladly accept mummy's choices.

Monochrome
You might think black, white and grey a little dull for a children's room, but I disagree.  Done well, it can look really beautiful, just trawl through Pinterest or Instagram and you'll see what I mean.  You can also jazz it up a little by pops of colour here and there.





also available in coral, mint and yellow





Multi-coloured
There are some really beautiful multi-coloured bedding sets and accessories out there for children, which would brighten up any kid's room and suit both boys or girls.




Classic Blue or Pink
For those who want to stick to the classics, there is always lots available.













No comments:

Post a Comment