Monday 21 March 2016

Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun (she says hoping)

H&M are on fire at the moment. Have you seen their City Collection, it's awesome. I've already bought two pieces from the collection, which I wrote about last week here, but I may have also placed another order.  We've just booked a holiday and there are so many lovely things at super cheap prices that I just couldn't resist. I think you could pretty much buy your whole holiday wardrobe from this one site and not spend that much in the process.



Starting off with Denim shorts, as every holiday wardrobe needs to include these. I am loving these slightly distressed pair for less than £20.


I am still undecided about dungarees, I really love them on other people, but fear that I may look like a children's TV presenter from the 70's. However these ones (as worn by one of my Instagram crushes chloelovestoshop) are a little bit different, I am very tempted. 

White jeans are always part of a classic holiday wardrobe. They always look great with a little bit of Breton (and we know how much I love a bit of Breton). I am still a fan if the skinny jean and I really like these ripped ones, which are really good value for only £20. I have always been a fan of Gap jeans, but recently tried a pair of H&M ones (they were £11 in the sale so I really couldn't go wrong) and I absolutely love them, really great fit and soft denim.




Off the shoulder tops are all over Bloglovin and Instagram at the moment. I was really spoilt for choice with H&M's huge selection, but I really love this one with a pom pom trim. I think that this would not only work in the day, but could also be dressed up for the evening too. If black or pom poms are not your thing then check out some of the others they have to offer. I was quite tempted by a blue stripe one (not unsurprisingly)!
Off the Shoulder Top £14.99

If you want something a little more dressy for the evening, then I would really recommend this beautiful lace top. I saw this on amothersedit - another fabulous Instagram account that I have recently started following. This looks a whole lot more expensive than it is, and as well as perfect for evening wear on holiday can be dressed down for colder days at home. Just see how V from amothersedit  has styled it with distressed denim and cosy knits.

Grey Lace Top £29.99 

Moving onto dresses, so many to choose from, but again I have been swayed by the pom poms! I think this dress is so versatile and would be great for both day and evening wear.

Whilst I would probably wear this dress during the day, I think it could easily be dressed up to take you straight from the beach to the bar. It looks like it is also made of that crinkle fabric that is crease resistant, so perfect for packing in a suitcase.
Crinkled Dress £24.99

I just love this scarf, most of my scarfs are some form of leopard print, so this would really add something to my wardrobe and it is the perfect colour to go with pretty much anything. I also love the pop of colour in the tassels. This is the item that prompted me to place my third H&M online order in a week.


Moving onto beachwear, this black one piece is a good classic with a little bit of a twist. I think the back detail really makes this piece stand out.



As well as a one piece, I do like a bikini for a bit of variety. H&M have several to choose from but this is my pick of the bunch. This burgundy tie die pattern with white and peachy coral accents is just a little bit different.



Bikini Top £14.99                       Bikini Bottoms £7.99

Given my English rose complexion, I like to take extra precautions with my skin, so I always take a sun hat with me. At only £10, if it gets damaged or you leave it on the beach it's not going to be too much of a problem.




I have had some not so great H&M footwear in the past, although purse friendly the quality hasn't always been great.  But since the introduction of their Premium Quality range I have found loads of shoes that I love. Here are a few of my current favourites, but do have a look yourself as there are so many to choose from. I think these espadrilles would be great for the beach and these wedges would easily take you from day to night - I just can't decide if I want the tan or the black?




Premium Quality Wedges £49.99 in tan or black

Thank you for reading.  I would love to hear your comments and about any beach buys you have made recently.


3 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely picks, really got me in spring mode haha! I really need to invest in some espadrilles and I love them in blush pink :D bring on summer! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SO many things on here. Especially the off the shoulder top and the dress, and the lace top. I also really love the swimming costume, though might have to tone my back up before donning that one, or get it in a size up at least so it's not too tight! Can't wait for summer now!
    Farah x
    www.vatkinary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW1 H&M have really pulled it out the bag here! I love the crinkle dress and the swimming costume (hate to think about the tan lines though!) and the leather espadrilles and the denim shorts (a summer staple).
    It's cloudy here though : (
    Katie x
    TheEclecticity.org

    ReplyDelete