Monday 28 March 2016

Kami-Khaki

Kami-Khaki


I had forgotten all about my Khaki Cargo trousers until The Fashion Lift wrote an excellent blog post recently and reignited my love of them, which got me thinking and doing a little internet browsing (always dangerous), where I came across these beauties.

I love these more relaxed cargo pants from H&M, I particularly like the slightly distressed detail (and of course the price). I think these would look great dressed up with heels, a bit of breton and a biker jacket.

H&M also have these Khaki biker trousers.  I previously had the maternity version of these and absolutely loved them.  These are also on a half price special for the Easter weekend, so it would be rude not to buy them really.

For those of you looking for a more relaxed jogger, these from H&M are great, good fit, cuffed bottom and a zip detail.  I can definitely see myself lounging around in these, in fact these are probably too nice to be lounging in and whilst a little too casual for my week day work wardrobe, would be a good addition to the weekend mama wardrobe, either worn casually with trainers or dressed up with heels for a relaxed dinner or drink.

I am seeing peg leg trousers everywhere at the moment and I really like these kahki ones from Zara, which are an absolute bargain at under £30.  These would be great for both my working wardrobe and mama wardrobe, so so versatile and I love how Zara have styled them with stripes.  Whilst I have an abundance of stripes in my wardrobe, I do not have vertical stripes, so I think I need to search the Zara website for this too.


After starting my search looking for khaki cargos, I ended up finding all sorts of kahki delights...

First up a hoody.  Now I am not really a hoody person, but I've seen them styled on Instagram and various blogs recently and could be quite tempted to try it for £15, what's there to lose?

Next up a boilersuit.  I love my jumpsuits and am yet to try a boilersuit, but I am very tempted by this one from Topshop.  Paired with heels for a night out, I think I could rock this, we'll see!
Topshop Boilersuit £55 

Now onto tops, there were actually quite a few of these online and I found it hard to narrow them down.  I would not suggest wearing these with khaki trousers in any way shape or form, but these would look great with blue, black or grey denim.  For a more casual look I would suggest this one from H&M.


This Zara shirt is a little more dressy than the H&M one but still has that laid back relaxed look to it.  I think I could get away with this for work (although perhaps not with blue denim), and it would be a well worn addition to my weekend wardrobe.
Zara Military Shirt £29.99 

I of course have to have a little bit of animal print in here, and have been eyeing up this leopard print shirt from Topshop.


Now seeing as I have done most items of clothing I thought i may as well complete the whole wardrobe, again not to be worn all at once, but a little khaki here and there is definitely a good thing.  I really love this trenchcoat from Zara.  It is a gorgeous colour, has a beautiful pleated detail at the back and is an absolute bargain at £59.99.  If I didn't already have two green trenchcoats, and could sneak this in without my husband noticing then I would be placing an order.

If Khaki is not really your thing, or you're not sure about the colour suiting you, how about a splash of khaki in your accessories?  It's a good way to test it out.  I think these shoes would be great (once it stops raining and the sun comes out).

Thank you for reading.  I would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment