Wednesday 22 February 2017

Mango - End of Sale Finds

Mango - End of Sale Finds




A very quick blog post today, so you can grab the bargains whilst they are still to be had.  We're way way into February and dare I say it almost into March and so you would think that all the decent sale stock is gone, right? wrong!  My late night feeding sessions with the littlest little mean that I have to find some way to keep myself awake until he has finished feeding and what better way that online shopping!  So I may have made a late night/early morning purchase a few days ago, which arrived today.  In my defence (and in case hubby is reading, which I strongly doubt) I have recently sold a load of my maternity clothes on eBay and so had some spare paypal funds floating around, which were just waiting to be spent on some more goodies. Anyway enough of my waffling, here are the treasures I ordered and my thoughts on them all, they are sadly not all staying, but on a positive that means I get some money back to buy something else (ever the optimist!).

I absolutely love this gorgeous dress and it is such a good price I couldn't not buy it. I'm not usually a fan of florals, but this is a gentle monochrome version of florals and if my london fashion week Instagram feed is anything to go by, then florals are IN!  I think this is supposed to be a midi length, but on a munchkin like me comes up as more of a maxi, but it works all the same.  It is not ideal for my current breastfeeding requirements (no easy access), but I am not going to be breastfeeding for ever and there is the odd occasion when hubby and I get to go out sans bambino.  This dress is perfect for spring to hide my whiter than white legs (the joys of being an English rose), but will also work in the summer.  This is one of those items that could be dressed up for a special occasion, or equally worn for everyday casual events (a more likely occurrence in my world).  This is definitely a keeper and I think I'm going to wear this with some black ankle boots and possibly a biker jacket.  There are still a range of sizes available online (sizing seems pretty spot on for those of you who are interested) so grab it while you can.




Another keeper, but this one is only left in size small I'm afraid, so you are going to have to act fast (although I ordered two sizes and I am just about to send back a size medium which may well appear on the website in due course and Mango do have a handy alerting system for when sizes come back in stock).  I love a jumpsuit, and I have a fabulous Topshop bandeau one, which is a little small for my post baby body to squeeze into and also not breastfeeding friendly so I have been looking for a breastfeeding friendly one and I found one for less than twenty quid (does happy dance).  This did arrive a little crumpled (which does not necessarily bode well for wearing it, but we shall see).  This is a light fabric, perfect for spring/summer, with a very handy little popper which make breastfeeding a doddle (I tested it!).  I think this could equally be dressed up or down, but I think I am more likely to dress this up with some heels or leopard print flats, some gold jewellery and a bit of red lippy.


So I did rather well and those were my actual only keepers, but I did also order this metallic top, which I actually quite liked but didn't realise from the picture online it was cropped (must pay more attention, I blame the sleepless nights).  For a post baby body, cropped is not a good look, trust me.  However if you were planning to tuck this in (as they have styled it on the website - see pic below) I think it could work, but for me I would need to be constantly untucking to accommodate the breastfeeding and I cannot be bothered with that at the moment, particularly when you have a little one who wants his milk NOW!  However, aside from this hurdle, the fit was actually really nice and I loved the colour, so if you are not currently breastfeeding, this might work for you.


And finally of course a little bit of leopard (but no stripes this time!).  I loved the fit of this, nice and loose at the bottom but fitting well around the shoulders, and it was pretty flattering (apologies my iPhone photos do not really do it justice), but i wasn't sold on the fabric.  I love a leopard print, but it has to be a certain quality for me and this really didn't make the grade in my books.  I'm a little gutted as I've subsequently realised this also comes in grey as well as brown, which I suspect may have looked a little better.  As I didn't love it, it is going back.




Thank you for reading.  I would love to hear your comments. 
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment